Friday, April 15, 2011

Fretful Friday

Sun King has always been pretty low on my list of Beatles songs that I enjoy and truthfully, I usually skip right past it to get to Mean Mr. Mustard. But this past week, I have spent way too much time on Youtube listening to different Beatles songs with isolated guitar tracks and was surprised to find that one of my favorites is Sun King. It's really a beautiful song, guitar-wise. I have a new appreciation for it, for sure.

I had videos with each instrument in the song isolated - guitar, bass, organ, drums, etc. but the user who posted the videos to youtube got his account removed and all my links were broken. If I ever can find them again, I'll re-post. In the meantime, I have a gorgeous isolated guitar track here:



and here are the isolated vocals - I love that you can hear the background vocals so well and the harmonizing is quite beautiful:



(forward it to about 1:00)


No comments:

Post a Comment