Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sex-Appeal Saturday!

Sometimes, what I find sexy is not what other people find sexy. Take the song "Not Guilty", for example. People may look at me with raised eyebrows and ask "What on earth is sexy about this song?" To that, I reply "What isn't sexy about it?!"

George's unassuming voice thinly veiling his most aggressive lyrics to date, presumably directed at the Lennon/McCartney boys, letting them know exactly what he thought of his two-songs-(tops)-per-album allotment - who doesn't get weak at the knees with this stuff?

Surely I'm not the weird one here.

What I don't understand, even more so than people not finding this song sexy, is that the Beatles recorded over 100 (yes, ONE HUNDRED) takes of this song and not ONE of them was deemed worthy to be on the White Album? Really?

Revolution 9 was considered (and chosen, no less!) over this song for the White Album? Really? Who was working Quality Assurance that day?

Really, you picked Revolution 9 over this?

Well, it didn't make the White Album, but it totally made my blog for Sex-Appeal Saturday, which is almost as good. ok, not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment