Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Minutiae

39 Working Titles of Beatles Songs

This Song - Started Out As:




  • Cry For A Shadow- Beatle Bop


  • I Saw Her Standing There- Seventeen


  • Thank You Girl- Thank You Little Girl


  • I'll Get You- Get You In The End


  • It's Only Love- That's a Nice Hat-Cap


  • I've Just Seen A Face- Auntie Gin's Theme


  • Yesterday- Scrambled Eggs


  • Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)- This Bird Has Flown


  • Think For Yourself- Won't Be There With You


  • Eleanor Rigby- Daisy Hawkins


  • Love You To- Granny Smith


  • She Said She Said- Untitled


  • Good Day Sunshine- A Good Day's Sunshine


  • I Want To Tell You- 1: Laxton's Superb 2: I Don't Know


  • Tomorrow Never Knows- 1: The Void 2: Mark 1


  • Penny Lane- Untitled


  • With A Little Help From My Friends- Bad Finger Boogie


  • Within You Without You- Untitled


  • A Day In The Life- In The Life Of...


  • Hello Goodbye- Hello Hello


  • Flying- Aerial Tour Instrumental


  • The Inner Light- Untitled


  • Only A Northern Song- Not Known


  • It's All Too Much- Too Much


  • Happiness Is A Warm Gun- Happiness Is A Warm Gun In Your Hand


  • Don't Pass Me By- 1: Ringo's Tune (Untitled) 2: This Is Some Friendly


  • Revolution 1- Revolution


  • Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey - Untitled


  • Long Long Long- It's Been A Long Long Long Time


  • Good Night- Untitled


  • Two Of Us- On Our Way Home


  • Dig A Pony- All I Want Is You


  • For You Blue- George's Blues (Because You're Sweet and Lovely)


  • The Ballad of John and Yoko- The Ballad of John and Yoko (They're Going To Crucify Me)


  • Oh! Darling- Oh! Darling (I'll Never Do You No Harm)


  • I Want You (She's So Heavy)- I Want You


  • Sun King- Here Comes The Sun-King


  • She Came In Through the Bathroom Window -Bathroom Window


  • The End- Ending


(from The Beatles Book of Lists by Stephen J. Spignesi)



Also, on this date in 1964, the Beatles held the top 5 spots on the American singles chart. 1 through 5 respectively were: Can't Buy Me Love, Twist and Shout, She Loves You, I Want to Hold Your Hand and Please Please Me.

The Beatles also have 15 songs in the Top 100, and positions 1 and 2 on the Billboard album chart.

The Beatles also become the only artists to have three consecutive No. 1 songs ("Can't Buy Me Love" took over the No. 1 spot from "She Loves You," which succeeded "I Want to Hold Your Hand.")

Yay Beatles!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment